Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Contemporary Art: A Visit @ Columbia University School Of The Arts New York

(Drivebycuriosity) - I like contemporary art and I often take a look into art galleries, museums & auction houses. Last Sunday I visited the Columbia University School of the Arts. They have a gallery which display the works of their students. There I saw the "MFA Visual Arts First Year Exhibition" (lenfest.arts).  The place is open for the public and does not charge admission. I spotted there some interesting works and display here my favorites, a very subjective selection as usual.


Above you can see "The Bathers" by Mark Yang (2019, oil on canvas) followed by "In the cover of shadow" by Erica Mao (2019, acrylic, screenprint, crayon on wallpaper); "House on Stilts" by Henry Gabriel Anker (2019, oil, graphite on canvas) & "Ice Sculptathon" by James J.A. Mercer (2019, oil on canvas).


Above: "Megan" by Patrick Bayly (2019, oil on canvas); "Proposal for a Monument" by  Fontaine Capel (Graphite on paper) & ("Swimming Upstream" by Kiyomi Taylor (2019, Sewn fabric, paper collage, and oil paint on round vinyl table cover).




To be continued



No comments:

Post a Comment