Sunday, April 28, 2019

New York City: Impressions From The Madison Avenue Gallery Walk


 

(Drivebycuriosity) - Manhattan is not only the global financial center, the island is also a mecca for art. You can find ambitious art galleries all over the island. Yesterday I participated in the  "Madison Avenue Gallery Walk" (madisonavenuebid gallery-walk). About 50 galleries along Madison Avenue and its adjacent side streets from East 57th St to East 86th St had their doors open. I couldn´t visit all 50 of course, but I spotted quite an interesting selection of art works.




 

Above images from Gallery Di Donna which specializes in Mexican surrealists - my favorite on this day (didonna).


Above some images from Opera Gallery (operagallery).




                                            Tipsy Lady


 

I found the tipsy lady & the 2 abstracts @ Baahng Gallery ( baahng).




I took the pics above on 32 East 67 Street where some galleries share a building, including Hammer Galleries (hammer), Taylor/Graham (taylorandgraham) & Kapoor Galleries (masterdrawings).

To be continued


No comments:

Post a Comment