Saturday, August 24, 2019

Photography: A Bus Trip Through The Mojave Desert

 (Drivebycuriosity) - During our trip to the South-West USA my wife and I took a bus from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. The bus trip went through the deserts of southern California and Nevada, mostly through the Mojave Desert, the driest desert in North America (wikipedia). 

Growing up in Germany, a green and densely populated country, I am fascinated by the American deserts, their wide emptiness and their harsh look. Being an ambitious amateur photographer I took some snap shots during the bus ride.




This images remind me of classic Western movies. I feel sorry for the pioneers who had to cross these cruel environment without the protection of modern technology.



The Mojave desert is the only place in the world where the Joshua tree (also called yucca palm, tree yucca) grows, a plant which has adapted to the very challenging climate there.
 

To be continued


No comments:

Post a Comment