Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Photography: Impressions From A Recent Visit In London

 (Drivebycuriosity) -   My wife and I are back from London where we stayed 6 weeks. We lodged in  in four different areas of the city (Vauxhall, Clerkenwell, Marble Arch & Bayswater) so we could explore the metropolis more intense and we walked a lot there as usual. Hiking is the best way to explore a city and to discover things. Being an ambitious amateur photographer I took a lot pictures and I display here my favorite shots.


I was fascinated by the amazing mix of history & very modern architecture.


and by the lovely street scenes


London impresses with her fantastical futuristic towers (including The Shard).



and I enjoyed visiting some very modern districts, like the Canary Wharf neighborhood.

but the city also impresses with her Gothic revival buildings, constructed in the lat 19th century, the Victorian Era.

and I could not ignore the iconic postcard sights



What a wonderful baroque place (spotted in Greenwich)

Some parts of the metropolis look like forgotten village where the mad hatter lives




there are some majestic historical pubs



and lots of other beautiful sights


London is filled with lovely parks


We enjoyed visiting the ubiquitous museums, art gallery & auction houses.


and the street art


We spotted an amazing bride and some models.


and some bizarre advertisements


Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment