Monday, July 8, 2019

Modern Art: László Moholy-Nagy - Pioneer Of Abstract Art @ Hauser & Wirth London

(Drivebycuriosity) - When you go to London`s Saville Road you can get a fine suit tailored. But you also can find fine art there. Hauser & Wirth, one of the global art dealer empires, has a branch there. During my visit of  UK`s capital I used the occasion to see the László Moholy-Nagy exhibition there. The Hungarian artist belonged to the pioneers of abstract and was part of the influential Bauhaus movement. The gallery celebrates this year`s centenary of the Bauhaus with this show ( hauserwirth). I present my favorites here, a small & very subjective selection as usual. On top of this post you can see "A 19" from 1927 (oil and graphite on canvas).





I don`t know the name of this work, but I love its geometric structure




Above more masterpieces


This is a replica of "Light Prop for an Electric Stage" from 1930 (Metal, plastics, glass. paint and wood, with electric motor).


To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment